Come Hear Why I Moved to Maine at the Frontier in Brunswick Nov 18th
Sound Bites is a new kind of storytelling series, and I was invited to the series finale on Friday November 18th - I will be telling the story of why and how I moved to Maine.
I have to say...I'm a little nervous. Here are the rules:
- the story has to be a true story
- 8-10 minutes long
- no notes
Here are the other speakers who will be at the Frontier for the final Sound Bites:
- Comedian and Moth Vermont StorySlam producer Sue Schmidt
- Blogger at The Bangor Daily News and partner at the multimedia content production house, Knack Factory - Alex Steed
- Moth MainStage and GrandSlam winner and author of The Clancys of Queens: A Memoir, Tara Clancy
- TedX speaker, classicist and teacher, tattoo artist and owner of Tsunami Tattoo - Phuc Tran
- Dean of the College, Maine College of Art, artist, exhibitor and educator - Ian Anderson.
You can see why I'm nervous. Look at this list! And then there's me...I am beyond honored that they would want me to tell a story.
The Frontier is on 14 Main Street in Brunswick.
The story of me moving to Maine is a pretty good one - I'd love to see you there. These events sell out, so I recommend getting your tickets early...if you want to see me have a meltdown on stage.