RECIPE: We Made Homemade Crunchwrap Supremes Because I’ve Never Been to Taco Bell
Never have I ever dined at Taco Bell. In my hometown, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell were in the same restaurant. When faced with the choice, I always went the KFC Famous Bowl. But now I can finally say that I've experienced Taco Bell (kind of).
We've enforced a very strict Taco Tuesday at our house for the last month so my boyfriend decided to tackle the famous Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme at home. I'm not sure how the real Crunchwrap Supreme tastes, but the homemade version was INSANE. Here's how we did it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4-12" Flour tortillas
- 4 Hard taco shells (or Tostada shells)
- 1 cup salsa con queso (We used Newman's Own)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp Butter (for frying)
- Prepare ground beef in large frying pan with spices. Drain fat and set aside.
- Microwave 12" flour tortillas for 15-20 seconds until soft and flexible.
- If using hard taco shells, cut shell in half to create a circle.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa con queso in the center of each flour tortilla to the size of the taco shells.
- Top queso with 1/4 lb of cooked ground beef.
- Place taco shell (or tostada) on top of beef.
- Spread 1/4 cup of sour cream on taco shell/tostada.
- Top with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Reheat your frying pan to medium-high heat and melt 1 tbsp of butter in the pan.
- THE FOLD: You want to create a pentagon with the tortilla around the pile of deliciousness in the middle. See photos below to understand the fold.
- Carefully flip the wrap by placing your hand on top of the folds and flip it over. Place it on the hot buttered skillet, fold side down.
- Allow wrap to cook 3-4 minutes or until the folds are sealed. Flip to brown flat side.
- Cut in half and dive in. You've earned it.