This Video Makes Me Wonder How I Survived Childhood – Just Look At What I Did
I can totally relate to this video having grown up in the 70′s and 80′s. How in the world did I ever survive to adulthood? It makes me ask the question: “Do we worry about our kids too much and prevent them from being kids?”
Here’s the list of things I did as a kid that should have gotten me killed:
- Rode a bike without a helmet
- Grabbed onto the ladder on a boxcar of a stopped train and then waited for it to take off, jumping off when it got to the crossing.
- Rode my bike 3 miles across town to play in the arcade at LaVerdiere’s
- Rode my sled off a jump (a big rock) and across a busy street. Still no helmet.
- Took candy from strangers
- Jumped out of the swing at school at its peak and landed on pavement. Daily.
And I lived to tell the tale. Would I let my kid do these things today? Hell no! I get it. It’s a different world now, but wouldn’t it be nice to leave your doors unlocked?
What dangerous thing did you do as a kid that you would never let your kids do? Share it in the comments below.