5 Reasons Why You Need to Plan a Maine Cabin Getaway This Winter
With the end of the year in sight, most of us are looking forward to a little time to chill out and what better way than getting a bunch of your closest friends together and planning a party weekend away?
Rather than getting hotel rooms and meeting-up on occasion, renting out an entire lodge just might be the better way to get away and here's why:
- Saving money: It's not actually that bad cost-wise when you split the total of an entire lodge between friends. Plus, the kitchens are fully equipped so as long as you like to cook, there's no need to dine out.
- You never have to get "dressed": Pajamas. All. Day.
- No need for a DD: Not that you have to drink to have a good time, but no one has to volunteer to be the responsible one for the weekend.
- Plenty of space: Everyone has their own place to pass out and no waiting for a bathroom.
- Scenery: Unless you live in the woods, you don't get a chance to fully appreciate how nice it is to wake-up to a winter sunrise and if you stay on Moosehead Lake, when the sun comes-up, the lake "sings." The heat from the sun catches the ice over the lake and cause it to crack, the sounds from it echo across to the shoreline.
I stayed at the Tomhegan Lodge in Rockwood recently and at the Maine Lakeside Cabins in Caratunk--both a lot of fun.
Here's a bunch of other places to check out!
Besides, what's better than a Maine winter than taking it all in from a cabin right in nature?