A Simple Must-Have For Maine Tick Season
Who knew the life changing effect one of those sticky lint rollers could have on your family during tick season? Our friends at Farmer's Almanac did! Keep one around and roll it across your skin, clothes, and your pet's fur to pick up ticks. This year the ticks are fierce, so use this hack after mowing the lawn, going for a hike or playing outdoors. Ticks carry devastating illnesses, protect your family and pets!
Some more tick tips from Farmer's Almanac:
- Cedar Oil Spray is safe for your pets, your skin and clothing because it is a non-toxic, natural tick and insect repellent. You can buy cedar oil at most pet stores and online. It doesn't just repel the insects, it kills them!
- Get yourself a small spray bottle and mix 4 oz of purified water with 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Shake it up before spraying your clothes and skin and always dilute it with water before using it on your dogs!
- Get some neem oil at your natural food store and mix it with a little almond oil to rub on your skin. as always, dilute natural oils before applying them to dogs.
- Ticks can't stand garlic! If you aren't down with eating a clove or two, you can buy garlic capsules. Your body will excrete the scent that ticks hate , while keeping your breath fresh.
Cautions about pets:
- Don't feed garlic to your pets!
- Do NOT use essential oils on cats! Ask your vet about protecting them.
- Always dilute essential oils before using them on your dog!
Here are 18 other clever uses for a lint roller!
Any tick tips to share with the group? Comment on our Fan Page.