Best Excuses For Being Late For Work – One of My Favorites Came From A Q Sales Guy!
We've all been late to work. It happens. It's life. CareerBuilder shows that we are getting more creative with our excuses.
CareerBuilder is out with its annual look at the most bizarre late-to-work excuses. The job search company asked more than 2,500 employers for their best excuses.
First let's start with the legitimate excuses. Traffic, weather and oversleeping were the most popular excuses. But if you are gonna be late, make it good!
- I thought of quitting today, but then decided not to, so I came in late.
- My hair caught on fire from my blow dryer.
- I was detained by Homeland Security.
- I had to chase my cows back into the field.
- A black bear entered my carport and decided to take a nap on the hood of my car.
- My lizard had to have emergency surgery in the morning and died during surgery. I had to mourn while deciding whether to have the lizard disposed of by the vet or bring the lizard corpse with me to work.
- There was fresh powder on the hill. I had to go skiing.
- There was a store grand opening and I wanted to get the opening day sales.
- I had to finish watching “My Name is Earl.”
- All of my clothes were stolen.
- I was confused by the time change and unsure if it was “spring forward” or “fall back.”
- A Vaseline truck overturned on the highway and cars were slipping left and right.
CareerBuilder says that schedules are more flexible, but more than 40% of employers have fired someone for being late.
We have a sales guy who was late one day. Really late...hours late. His excuse? He accidentally took laxatives instead of sleeping pills. Oops. I mean, poops.
What's been your best excuse ever. For me it was that I had food poisoning, passed out and hit my head on the toilet.
That didn't happen - I overslept.
Can you beat that one?