How to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I'm about to go out of state on vacation, so in an effort to save my spending money for the trip, I made dinner last night like I was a 6-year-old. Grilled cheese sandwiches that came out perfectly. Here's how I did it.
It's ridiculously simple using these steps.
1. Preheat a skillet on medium heat
2. Butter one side of all the bread you're going to use. If your butter is in the fridge like mine was, stick it in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften it up so that it spreads easily.
3. Slap that bread down on the hot surface and put a slice of cheese on top of it followed by a second piece of bread, butter side up.
4. Give it 2 to 3 minutes and flip it. I also press down on it with the spatula because I like my sandwiches thin.
5. Keep an eye on your sandwich to make sure it doesn't burn but the cheese melts perfectly.
Nothing fancy here. My only recommendation is don't use cheese product. You know, Kraft singles or the like. The stuff that isn't 100% cheese. I grabbed some sharp cheddar slices and they were perfect.
Some people insist that you have to have tomato soup with grilled cheese. Gross. Who decided that was a good combination. Hey, it's your grilled cheese. You want the tomato soup, go for it.