Tomorrow Is a Day of Mourning, What That Means
Tomorrow our country will pay respect to the 41st president of the United States, George H.W. Bush. This honor is reserved for the passing of former commanders-in-chiefs and is an opportunity to hold remembrance events.
According to USA Today, these are some of the things being affected tomorrow:
- Post Offices will be closed and regular mail delivery won't take place.
- Some banks and courts will be closed. Federal Reserve Bank payment systems will still be working though.
- Arguments in the Supreme Court will be postponed tomorrow.
- House votes are cancelled for the week.
- The Senate has rescheduled votes to take place after the funeral.
- The New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq will be closed.
- With the exception of employees necessary for national security or essential public business, federal employees will be excused from work.
- Federal offices will be closed.