How Many Calories You’ll Eat on Thanksgiving and Other Fun Facts!
We all know we're gonna eat our weight in food...but do you know how many calories that is? Do you want to know....
Thanks to WalletHub here are the hard cold facts about our second favorite holiday:
- Thanksgiving - is our second favorite holiday after Christmas. Third is Halloween.
- 4500 - calories is what is consumed on average for Thanksgiving
- 10 Hrs. 41 Mins. - that's how long you'd have to run on a treadmill to burn it all off
- George H.W. Bush - was the first to pardon a turkey in 1989
- $670+ Million - close to what Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year, with 46 million turkeys killed for the holiday
- 4 towns named Turkey - Turkey Creek, AZ; Turkey City, TX; Turkey Creek Village, LA; and Turkey Town, NC
- $28 Million - how much we burn down in property loss. Gotta watch when you fry a turkey
- Wine - is the drink of choice with 64% of us having some, then beer (47%), liquor (37%), flavored malt drinks (17%), and finally hard cider (15%)
- 84 Percent - of us are most thankful for either family health or family relationships
- Turkey - is the most popular item to eat (39%), then stuffing (23%), pumpkin pie (12%), mashed potatoes (9%), sweet potatoes (6%) and finally cranberry sauce (3%). What? No olive tray?
- 79% - of us think a fridge full of leftovers is the best part of Thanksgiving
Whatever your plans are, don't let me down and make sure you eat 4500 calories and drink a lot of wine.