Parking Ban In Portland Tonight
The city of Portland has declared a parking ban beginning TONIGHT, Saturday, December 9 at 10:00 PM through 6:00 AM Sunday, December 10. Vehicles left on City streets after 10:00 PM can be towed at the owner’s expense.
PARKING BAN INFORMATION
The city offers numerous free options for parking on the peninsula during a snow ban. All vehicle owners must remove their vehicles from these designated areas listed below by 7:00 AM (except for school lots, which are 6:30 AM) the morning the ban is removed. The city may tow, at the owner's expense, any vehicle which has not been removed by the 7:00 AM deadline:
* Deering Oaks - on the Tennis Court Road only - only on the left side of the road. No parking on the right side.
* Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot - this is the lot behind the Ice Arena. Do not park adjacent to the Ice Arena.
* Hadlock Field parking lot
* All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground *Must be out by 6:30 AM.
* Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
* Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
* City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the
* IMT (International Marine Terminal) AKA Angelo's Acre 441 Commercial St.
* On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
* Western Prom - Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
* Eastern Prom - Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
* Marginal Way - Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste
* Water treatment Plant (waterside)
* Preble Street Extension Parking Lot (Across from Hannaford) - adhere to the spaces that are designated for snow ban parking.
* State Street Extension - Parking is available on State St Ext between Forest Ave & * Park Ave across from the entrance to Deering Oaks Park. Left side of the road only where parking is typically available. Adhere to any no parking signs closest to Forest Ave.
Most parking garages, will be available during snow bans at reduced rates
Vehicles must be out of these alternate parking lots by 7:00 AM (unless otherwise noted) the morning the ban is lifted.
Many parking garages in the area are open for extended hours at reduced rates during a parking ban as well.
Public Works Customer Service: 207-874-8493
Parking Ban Hotline: 207-879-0300