Things Every Parent Does – Don’t Deny it!
Kids…they are so adorable…loving…exhausting! And yes, we all take shortcuts and do things to get through the day. Here’s a list of things that every parent does!
- Chow down on junk food after the kids are asleep
- Tell your own ‘abridged’ version of bedtime stories
- Order your little one food at a restaurant so you can get a little mac ‘n’ cheese
- Check your email while your kid is playing hide and seek
- Somehow ‘lose’ an annoying toy
- Replace a dead fish without telling your kid
- Lie about your kids age to get free kid admission
- Use your kid to get out of doing something
- Leave a dirty diaper somewhere you shouldn’t
- Tell your kid a boldface lie
- Talk the ear off the cable guy, mailman or any other adult who comes to the house
- Tell your kid what they want to do is illegal
- Buy knockoff toys and pass them off as the real thing
- Pass gas and blame it on your kid
- Promise that you’ll ‘come back another time’ when you actually have no intention of doing that
I’ve personally done 9 of them. How many have you done? What did I miss? I once told the kids that the ice cream truck playing music means they are out of ice cream. The neighbors ratted me out!