5 Things To Get Your House Off the Market Faster
Here are five things you can add to your home to get it in the sold column a whole lot faster.
According to Zillow, houses with certain features can sell for as much as 13 percent more than expected, and nearly 60 days faster than homes without those features. So...what are the magical features?
- Barn doors: These rustic sliding doors are often found in modern craftsman-style homes, and are used on bedroom closets and kitchen pantries.
- Shaker cabinets: Listings touting 'Shaker cabinets' sold for 9.6 percent above expected and 45 days faster.
- Farmhouse sink: Homes with these trendy, yet functional kitchen sinks sell nearly 8 percent faster.
- Subway tiles: Homes mentioning subway tiles in their listings sold for nearly 7 percent more than expected and 63 days faster.
- Quartz: Kitchen or bathroom countertops. If you mention the 'quartz' in your listing, homes sold for 6% more. However, homes with 'granite' only saw a 4 percent boost in sale price.
Geesh. I have none of this. No worries, I don't plan on moving anytime soon.