Chef Gordon Ramsay Had Breakfast in Portland Saturday
When you are working through a pandemic, a famous Chef is a nice boost for morale.
On Saturday, Gordon Ramsay stopped by the Porthole Restaurant and Pub for breakfast.
WMTW 8 reported that he ordered the Casco Bay Omelet. He went big! That has lobster, crab, goat cheese and hollandaise sauce. Ramsay reportedly found it "delicious."
Ramsay has made a career of clever insults. Parade Magazine featured their favorites:
- “My gran could do better! And she’s dead!”
- “For what we are about to eat, may the Lord make us truly not vomit.”
- “You’re getting your knickers in a twist! Calm down!”
- “This lamb is so undercooked, it’s following Mary to school!”
- “This pizza is so disgusting, if you take it to Italy you’ll get arrested.”
- “There’s enough garlic in here to kill every vampire in Europe.”
- “This is a really tough decision…’cause you’re both crap.”
- After trying Hawaiian pizza: “This isn’t a pizza, this is a mistake. This is an Italian tragedy.”
- “Why did the chicken cross the road? Because you didn’t f—ing cook it!”
- “You put so much ginger in this, it’s a Weasley.”
He kept his insults to himself and according to owner Ken MacGowan, he was 'beyond kind.' Gordon must be on vacation, because this is the second time he's been seen in the Portland area. He was at Big Cat's Catering recently too!
Moving here Ramsay?
The 5 Maine Restaurants Featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives