Lori’s High Five: 5 Weird Things That Attracts Mosquitoes!
According to Dr John Baird of the College of Life Sciences and Medicine at Aberdeen University, here are the 5 weirdest things that attract mosquitoes to bite you!
- Having smelly feet. A study in 2013 found the more they stink, the more likely you are to get bit. One way to mask it is with peppermint moisturizer. Or you can just spray your feet down with bug repellent.
- Sweating a lot. They're attracted to the moisture, the smell, and the body heat. So if you sweat less than the person standing next to you, they might go for them instead.
- Your breath. It's not like you can stop breathing, so you can't do much about it. But mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide, and some people give off more of it when they exhale than others. It just depends on your metabolism.
- Dark Clothing. They're more attracted to it, because it's easier to see. So they're less likely to bite you if you're wearing white.
- Being drunk. Researchers have found you're more likely to get bitten by mosquitoes if you've been drinking, but they're still not sure why.
So there you have it. 5 of the hardest things to avoid this summer. You might just want to stock up on 'After Bite' right now!