This South Portland Parking Lot Will Transform Into Cans for a Cure
After a year of virtual everything, we are doing it up as best and safely as we can! Get it? Can!
Cans for a Cure 2021 starts tomorrow Wednesday, October 13. This empty parking lot will turn into the...
All at the Maine Mall! We get to broadcast at the same location we've been at for 19 years thanks to Eliot and the gang at Jordan's Furniture! So big thank you to them! Trust me, when I get a second - I'm popping over to do Maine's largest indoor ropes course!
We also will be protected from the elements thanks to our forever friends at One Stop Event Rentals. This is our 19th year of raising money to fight breast cancer here in Maine. All the money raised will go to the Maine Cancer Foundation. They are dedicated to reducing cancer incidence and mortality rates in Maine. 100% of the funds raised are invested back into the communities to benefit the people of Maine. It's a huge undertaking that, well, has taken on a life of its own over the years.
Yes - the boys, Bryce and Riley have been in collecting bottles and cans all year long. It is by far THE most exciting part of Cans when we get the total that these two young men have been able to accomplish with the help of their community. Here they are two years ago. Bryce and Riley started helping when they were 3 and 1. They are now 15 and 13 years old! Their passion has only grown more and more to help those fighting this terrible disease. Stay tuned to find out how much they have been able to collect and raise THIS year!
How can YOU help? Well, there are many, many ways:
- Come on down to the Maine Mall with your bottles and cans starting 6 am Wednesday, October 13th - Friday, October 15th (10 am). We are right under the giant Jordan's Furniture sign on the corner near Hannaford, Dunkin, and across the street from Panera Bread in South Portland.
- You can DONATE right now! Why wait? Why even bother with those pesky bottles and cans? The Maine Cancer Foundation has made it super easy for ya!
- You can TEXT your donation! Just text QCANS to 44321! That's exciting.
- Get on the Can Van Route! Toooot tooot! Bill Dodge Autogroup has once again given us the big ol' Can Van and I'll be tooling around all of Maine! Got some bottles and cans but just can't make it to the Mall? Email me at: email@example.com
- Shift funds from your CLYNK account! Why touch bottles and cans twice? If you've got some funds in your Clynk account - you have a couple of options on how you can help that way!
Mostly, we just want to thank everyone for what they do to help their fellow Mainer. Mainers have big hearts. They may not have big paychecks - but they always find a way to help. Thank you.
And thank you to all of our partners and sponsors that make this such a fun and successful fundraiser!
- Otelco - they provide us with the phone and internet access
- One Stop Event Rentals - we'd be in the rain without them
- Bill Dodge Autogroup - couldn't do it without their support
- New England Cancer Specialist - they sponsor us every year and for that we are grateful
- Oxford Casino Hotel and Event Center - they are not just a financial help - they also help us with ideas to make this event as big as it has become.
- Clynk - there's no Cans for a Cure without turning them into nickles!
- Maine Mall - sure would be hard to do this without their generosity. Actually, it would be impossible to do this.
- Jordan's Furniture. They are a first time supporter, because it's the first time they've had the chance to help - and they JUMPED at the chance! We get to see Eliot Wednesday morning! He's stopping by the tent!
Okay, ladies and gentlemen - start collecting those bottles and cans!
READ MORE: Here are 50 ways you can improve your work from home lifestyle