Any Guess What the Official Maine State Flower is?
You probably know that Maine's official animal is the moose and that our official tree is a white pine, but you may not know some of the other "official things" of Maine. We have an official fossil, soft drink, sweetener, and even an official herb. I think we all know what the unofficial herb is.
Do you know what our official state flower is? Believe it or not, it's the White Pine Cone and Tassel. Ok, that's a little different, but aren't we all a little different here in Maine?
Read on to discover all things official in Maine.
What Are All the Official Things of Maine?
- Maine State Animal: Moose
- Maine State Ballad: "The Ballad of the 20th Maine" by The Ghost of Paul Revere
- Maine State Berry: Blueberry
- Maine State Gemstone: Tourmaline
- Maine State Crustacean: Lobster
- Maine State Dessert: Blueberry pie
- Maine State Fish: Landlocked salmon
- Maine State Flower: White Pine Cone and Tassel
- Maine State Fossil: Pertica quadrifaria
- Maine State Herb: Wintergreen. There are only two states with official herbs!
- Maine State Insect: Honey bee
- Maine State Motto: Dirigo (I Lead)
- Maine State Nickname: The Pine Tree State
- State Soil: Chesuncook
- State Song: "State of Maine Song" by Roger Vinton Snow
- State Bird: Black-capped Chickadee
- State Cat: Maine Coon Cat
- State Treat: Whoopie pie
- State Tree: Eastern White Pine
- State Vessel: Bowdoin
- State Beverage: Moxie
- Maine State Sweetener- Maine Maple Syrup
What else do we need official things for? Should there be an official lighthouse? An official beer?
50 Questions About Maine That Were Asked on 'Jeopardy!'
So you think you know Maine? Try your hand at these 50 questions about our state that have been asked over the years on 'Jeopardy!'. Good luck!