Hacks to Keep Your Cell Phone Safe At Maine Beaches
Summertime in Maine means beach adventures, or misadventures if your phone doesn't survive.
According to Net Nanny, there are some easy things you can do to prevent your cell phone from being destroyed by heat, sand or water at the beach this summer.
I'm going to lay it all out for you like my favorite Corona beach towel:
- Before you hit Scarborough Beach, back up your data just in case your phone gets damaged by water, it's stolen or it falls out of your beach bag never to be seen again.
- Do NOT leave it in your hot car! Treat it like a pet or child. Extreme heat will destroy your phone!
- Invest in a waterproof phone case. if you can't afford one, any old empty jar will do. Peanut butter, spaghetti sauce, mayonnaise...whatevs.
- Koozies aren't just to keep your drinks cool, use them to protect your phone from heat.
- Did you bring a cooler to the beach? BINGO! Put it in a zip lock bag, then stash your phone in the cooler along with your Italians from Amato's!
- Sand can be frustrating to get out of your phone's nooks and crannies. Wrap tape around your fingers and press it onto your phone to get the sand out. So simple, yet so genius.
The best advice is to just leave your phone at home and enjoy the beach for a couple hours ;)