Here’s How To Make Steelzy’s BBQ Beans & ‘Basa
These cooler days, longer nights, and football on the TV let's me know that it is definitely comfort food season. Chili, casseroles, you know, all the good warm food that momma used to make.
This weekend I decided to make my BBQ Beans and 'Basa. It's as close as you can get to chili without it actually being chili. It turned out so delicious I simply had to share the recipe.
Although it seems like a lot, this dish is surprisingly easy to make.
Start by cooking up some bacon, of course. Then cut the bacon into bite sized pieces. While you're at it, cut the kielbasa into bite size chunks too.
In a large slow cooker add;
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.8 oz Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- ½ lb bacon, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut into bite size chunks
Stir to mix it all up.
Then put the kielbasa chunks on top of the mixture. As the dish heats up, the juices from the kielbasa will drip down into the beans.
Cover it and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. The result is a delicious meal that can will fill you up and keep you warm. Try it this weekend!!