Here Is Some Info and Tips for Enjoying Maine Restaurant Week 2020
Maine Restaurant Week is 12 days of incredible offerings from eateries across Maine.
The reason for MRW is to give a boost to the restaurants, chefs and staff that depend on the locals to get them through this time of year when folks are staying in more and there's not a tourist in sight.
Here are a few thoughts and tips that I put together:
- Make a reservation if you can. I always like to know how many I'm having for dinner and restaurants probably do too. It's also nice for you to make sure that you can get a table at your restaurant of choice.
- The great thing about MRW is that it's the off season. Locals, this is your chance to visit a restaurant that you can't get into all summer long.
- It's time to reconnect with your friends that you haven't seen much of all winter. Springtime tends to get crazy with house projects and kids' sports starting. Get in some drinks and an adult dinner while you can.
- If you want to share this experience with friends or family from out of town, hotels and inns are offering special stay-and-dine packages. That means they aren't staying at your house. Win-win.
- There's a wide range of prices for the special Maine Restaurant Week menus being served. You'll pay either $25, $35, $45 or $55. Some restaurants offer pairing menus and some are offering prix fixe lunches starting at $15. Check out the restaurant page to see what's being offered.
- Taxes and tip aren't included in the menu prices. I'm going to throw it out there that you leave a really great tip and make your server's day. They are such hard workers and this is a lean time of year for them. It's good for your karma too.
I kicked off Maine Restaurant Week with the Incredible Breakfast Cook Off and tomorrow night Mark and I have a reservation at David's opus Ten for a much needed date night. We also have friends coming in from New Hampshire Friday to stay with us, so I'm going to back to the list of participating restaurants to make another reservation.
Support one of your favorite haunts or try something new. Maine Restaurant Week is on now through March 12th.