Arthur Pushes Portland’s Fireworks to Saturday
With a dire forecast calling for heavy rain and thunder storms on Friday night from Tropical Storm Arthur, officials with Portland's 4th of July Stars & Stripes Spectacular decided to postpone the fireworks show and Portland Symphony Orchestra concert to Saturday, July 5, according to the Portland Press Herald.
The daily newspaper reported that event organizers were expected to announced at a Friday afternoon press conference that all of the events scheduled for Friday would take place at the same times on Saturday, including the 7:40 p.m. Portland Symphony Orchestra “Patriotic Pops” show. The fireworks will be launched at 9:20 p.m.
WHOM morning hosts Teddy McKay and Sandra Harris are also scheduled to do a live broadcast during the Portland Symphony Orchestra concert and the fireworks show.
- Vendors open at noon on the Eastern Promenade, stop by for lunch by the sea
- No Kids - Hungry Scoops for Kids Ice Cream Fest from 4 pm - 7 pm
- Come ride a Hot Air Balloon provided by Remax by the Bay from 5 pm - 7 pm
- See the Middlesex Country Volunteers, a Fife & Drum Corp, perform live in front of City Hall at 5:30 pm and then march up Congress Street
- Be there for the start of the Patriotic Pops concert with the Portland Symphony Orchestra at 7:20 pm or listen to it on 94.9 WHOM
- Enjoy a world class fireworks display at 9:20 pm.
Are you planning to see the fireworks in Portland on Saturday, July 5? Share your comments on our web site and on our Facebook and Twitter pages with the hashtag #PortlandJuly4Fireworks.