While Portland Firefighters Were Out Fighting a Fire, Their Fire Station Caught on Fire
It sounds like an example in a school textbook of the definition of irony. Portland fire department ladder no. 4 was out on a call of a dryer fire when their fire station caught on fire.
According to the Portland Press Herald, a fire started in the kitchen of the fire station on Allen Avenue near Northgate around 6PM on Sunday while firefighters were out on a call and did some considerable damage to the building. So now, for even more irony, the State Fire Marshal's office will be investigating the fire and the fire station.
No one was hurt and the ladder company and EMS crew have been relocated to still serve the North Deering area until they can get the mess cleaned up.